[App_rpt-users] Translating voice messages in French : where's the "to" ?

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Sun Apr 3 17:44:21 UTC 2016

Le 03/04/2016 17:39, mike at midnighteng.com a écrit :
> It will replace playing of the node number if the file is
> present. It could say in any language your want "East Paris Hub".

That's what I did. I also recorded the "connected" and "disconnected"
files. But the "to" is still in English...

> There are a few here in the US that keep and share NODE NAMES for distribution.
> Perhaps you may have a interest in doing one for the French Language.
> If so, let us know !

For now, I'm not connected to Allstar. It's a "local" network for our
island, and it may not exceed 10 repeaters. Of course, using "real
names" is far better than using numbers.

> Understanding that "to" and "two" are the same sounding in "english" but probably
> not french...

In French, "two" has the same sounding as "from" :-)

> you have a problem outside of changing the sourcecode and may be
> the best solid option.

C is not one of my favourite languages ;-) Anyway, I think that will be
the best solution for fine tunings... But for now, I'd like to put
things on the air, because we are building a "hamnet" and a datacenter
at the same time, and there's a lot of job. Source code will come later
in the todo list :-) For now, I'll record the "two" file. I do not need
spelling of digits...