[App_rpt-users] RANGER links?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Apr 4 16:39:14 UTC 2016

On 4/4/16 10:32 AM, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:
> Hi guys... been away from AllStar for a while and my how things have
> progressed! I'm re-acclimating myself with the old and new features and I ran
> across this in the rpt.conf file:
>
> 810 = ilink,10          ; Disconnect all RANGER links (except permalinks)
>
> What exactly is this?

This is part of a proposal that Jim and Bryan Doyle few others had back in
2006 or so.  Basically it was a simplex node that would monitor the calling
frequency for Long DTMF 0 "LiTZ" and then link into a given repeater node.

Note the Ranger nodes are prefixed with a 9 node number, and all 9 node
numbers will use the ranger courtesy tone.

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7021858559

Confused the heck out of me when I gave my 900 MHz test node number 927 and
then got this CT! http://keekles.org/~w9cr/40821%20wierd%20tone.wav

73'
--
Bryan Fields