[App_rpt-users] Difference between Dial and Acid

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:40:11 UTC 2016

I might be wrong but ACID needs constant internet, if Ethernet gets
unplugged, only a reboot will get it back on the Internet. DIAL supports
hot plugging in the Internet, swapping it out with another network etc.

At least on my Dell old tower PC, an outage of Ethernet required me to
reboot the machine to get internet to work again. Maybe it was a hardware
problem something specefic to my computer. I never tested it on DIAL before
I switched to the PI for AllStar