[App_rpt-users] Difference between Dial and Acid

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Wed Apr 6 12:44:33 UTC 2016

The question comes down to the differences between Centos 5.x and Debian 8.x
Install media: CD only or CD and USB flash
Kernel version: 2.x or 3.x
Support for newer hardware
Supported updates of distribution
Zaptel vs DAHDI
Ongoing AllStar support.

The old adage applies, If it works, don't fix it. If you are happy with
ACID keep it. If you are doing a new install, it's up to you.

Understand, I'm slightly biased.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
  "Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic