[App_rpt-users] DIAL trunk

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Thu Apr 7 14:31:50 UTC 2016

I think I found a bug in my DIAL distribution. It only affects trunk lines
as far as I can tell.

When I added "trunk=yes" to  iax.conf file I got an warning message in the
CLI:

WARNING[19228]: chan_iax2.c:11128 build_user: Unable to support trunking on
user 'iaxclient' without timing

Where 'iaxclient' was the context name I was using.

Looking into chan-iax.c  I found this:

/* WB6NIL backport stuff */

#define  DAHDI_FILE_TIMER "/dev/zap/timer"

#define  DAHDI_FILE_PSEUDO "/dev/zap/pseudo"

Since the DIAL distribution does not have "zap" and uses "dahdi" instead,
this creates a problem, ultimately resulting in the warning message.

There is also a related message in the asterisk log when you start or
restart asterisk:

WARNING[2334] chan_dahdi.c: Unable to open '/dev/dahdi/pseudo': No such file
or directory

I changed the source to read "/dev/dahdi/timer" "/dev/dahdi/pseudo" and
recompiled asterisk. Now it accepts the trunk parameter without issuing the
warning message and the message in the log file is gone (next step -
actually getting the trunk to work).

73

Ken