[App_rpt-users] DIAL Raspberry Pi 2 Delay

Matt Brennan brennanma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:26:08 UTC 2016

This is a portable crossband repeater setup in a Pelican case. It is
intended to be deployed during public service events. Raspberry Pi's were
used to keep the form factor small (and the cost down, since it's all out
of pocket).

We tried to use a Raspberry Pi 3, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be
supported yet. We aren't really doing any processing. It's two radios on
simplex channels, with a third that transmits on both. The largest number
of audio paths enabled at any given time is 2. A Raspberry Pi 2 should be
able to handle that. In fact, the CPU never goes above 30%. I have another
one running Asterisk that can handle managing 10 active SIP calls without
an issue.

-Matt