[App_rpt-users] Echolink : Now hearing four (unwanted) quick bips...

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Thu Apr 14 10:06:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le 14/04/2016 05:22, mike at midnighteng.com a écrit :
> Your complaint of echolink experience should be directed at echolink.
> Nobody here can control or enforce poxy's proper handling.

It's not a complaint about Echolink ;-) It's a question about the
Echolink channel driver for app_rpt. The purpose was to see if other
people are experiencing the same problem, or if I'm the only one having
this problem (which would imply a problem in my configuration)...

> Your CT settings are all in rpt.conf
>
> unlinkedct=ct2
> remotect=ct3
> linkunkeyct=ct8
> nolocallinkct=1   ; Use unlinkedct if only connected to a local node
>
> &
>
> [telemetry]
> ct1=|t(350,0,100,2048)(500,0,100,2048)(660,0,100,2048)
>
> So you might just look at your config for the node and see what CT is the 4 beeps
> and look for that setting in the node stanza.

That's the problem : none of them has 4  fast high frequency beeps.

I also created a "dummy" tone which is easy to recognize (400 Hz during
2 seconds). I put this to every ct I found in rpt.conf. And I still hear
4 (or 5) very fast high frequency beeps when Echolink node is conected
to the hub !!!

I was wondering if there are some hidden and/or hardcoded CTs. I'll try
browse the sourcecode ASAP.