[App_rpt-users] URI loopback testing

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Fri Apr 15 11:12:09 UTC 2016

Hi guys... I've got a SimpleUSB full duplex system connected to a port on
my controller (Arcom RC210) and I've noticed something weird with telemetry
announcements, specifically connect/disconnect messages, and I've tried
with both a URI and URI-X with the same results.

I suspect the audio may be clipping in the controller, even though the
levels appear to be adjusted correctly for 3Khz deviation @ 1Khz modulation
in and out, so I want to make sure the URI(s) are not the problem.

I see you can build a loopback connector (
docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/node/143), but what's the best way to test
this? Is there a way to inject/monitor audio? I'd like to see if I can
reproduce the choppy audio so I can eliminate this being something in my
system and/or URI(s).

tnx
Stephen
K1LNX