[App_rpt-users] URI loopback testing

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Mon Apr 18 14:18:06 UTC 2016

I find that if the tx audio settings are close to the edges of
adjustment for the URI then you get Allison distorted.

First I would preset the input and output audio pots on the controller
for 1 v p-p if possible. Then set the tx and RX audio on the URI.

If that still has distorted audio you may need to take out the audio
boost or put it in, then re-cal the audio levels on the node.

If all else fails, then in usbradio set txprelim=yes and re-cal the
audio in the node.

These steps should easily take care of this issue.

Jon RQ

On 4/15/2016 7:24 AM, Steve Zingman wrote:
> Steve,
> stop asterisk
>
> cd /usr/src
> svn co http://svn.ohnosec.org/svn/projects/allstar/uridiag/trunk uridiag
> cd uridiag
> make
> chmod +x uridiag
> ./uridiag
>
> I will add it to the next rev
>
> 73, Steve N4IRS
>

> On 04/15/2016 07:12 AM, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:
>> Hi guys... I've got a SimpleUSB full duplex system connected to a
>> port on my controller (Arcom RC210) and I've noticed something weird
>> with telemetry announcements, specifically connect/disconnect
>> messages, and I've tried with both a URI and URI-X with the same
>> results.
>>
>> I suspect the audio may be clipping in the controller, even though
>> the levels appear to be adjusted correctly for 3Khz deviation @ 1Khz
>> modulation in and out, so I want to make sure the URI(s) are not the
>> problem.
>>
>> I see you can build a loopback connector
>> (docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/node/143
>> <http://docs.allstarlink.org/drupal/node/143>), but what's the best
>> way to test this? Is there a way to inject/monitor audio? I'd like to
>> see if I can reproduce the choppy audio so I can eliminate this being
>> something in my system and/or URI(s).
>>
>> tnx
>> Stephen
>> K1LNX

>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.
>
> --
> "Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
> 1st Law of Logic

---