[App_rpt-users] Squelch tail elimination

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Aug 8 18:22:56 UTC 2016

On 8/8/16 1:18 PM, Tom Hayward wrote:
> I'd like to add some audio delay to get rid of a nasty squelch tail. I
> figured this would be easy, but the documentation is rather sparse.
> Reading mailing list archives, I've found mention of an rxaudiodelay
> or rxsquelchdelay parameter for usbradio.conf. Haven't seen anything
> similar for simpleusb.conf. Searching for actual documentation of
> these parameters hasn't turned up anything. Do they exist? How do I
> use them? Is there another way?

I'd like to see this as a module that can sit between app_rpt and the channel
driver.  Maybe a driver proxy thing?  This way we could use it on pciradio or
whatever input we wanted to use it on.

I use a number of pciradio interfaces (best!) and it would be a nice to have.
chan_voter would work too.

Thoughts?
--
Bryan Fields