[App_rpt-users] chan_dstar : missing source code of dextra_cli

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Fri Dec 23 10:14:39 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

Le 22/12/2016 à 14:21, Steve Zingman a écrit :
> This has come up before. Steve is correct. Scott never released the
> source. Previously I suggested dumping chan_dstar and dextra_cli for a
> open solution. Not that I'm D-Star guy.
>
> Everything to build a asterisk to d-star gateway is open source.

Thank you for the info. I'm a newbie, I'm discovering things on the go
;-) I just realized yesterday that I had the source for chan_dstar, but
not for dextra_cli. Of course, I fully agree with you about Open-source
solutions and open protocols ! Our goal here is to build a VoIP network
(and an underlying TCP/IP Hamnet network) with Open-source software. Our
plans are to inter-connect any available protocol. Analog repeaters are
ready. Now, we are working on DStar, because we have some users
interested. And DMR will come later.

> To get the audio in and out of asterisk, use chan_usrp. Chan_usrp will
> take PCM (analog) and send it to asterisk. It will take audio from
> asterisk and send it out PCM. This is done via UDP. COS and PTT
> signaling is included.
>
> DummyRepeater from G4KLX is open source and could be modified to
> accept the PCM from chan_usrp. It would also have to send PCM to
> chan_usrp.
> Add a vocoder (DV3000), ircDDBGateway and away you go. At the end of
> the day, you have a open source solution, except for the vocoder.

I was not aware of that possibility. I'll have a look.

73 de TK1BI