[App_rpt-users] chan_dstar : missing source code of dextra_cli

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Thu Dec 22 13:21:10 UTC 2016

This has come up before. Steve is correct. Scott never released the
source. Previously I suggested dumping chan_dstar and dextra_cli for a
open solution. Not that I'm D-Star guy.

Everything to build a asterisk to d-star gateway is open source. To get
the audio in and out of asterisk, use chan_usrp. Chan_usrp will take PCM
(analog) and send it to asterisk. It will take audio from asterisk and
send it out PCM. This is done via UDP. COS and PTT signaling is included.

DummyRepeater from G4KLX is open source and could be modified to accept
the PCM from chan_usrp. It would also have to send PCM to chan_usrp.
Add a vocoder (DV3000), ircDDBGateway and away you go. At the end of the
day, you have a open source solution, except for the vocoder.

The block diagram is pretty much what we did for DMRGateway.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
"Just say no to world domination"