[App_rpt-users] AllStarLink status

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Tue Dec 27 19:17:35 UTC 2016

As Steve posted yesterday, we lost not only a visionary, but a friend to
many. I've had many long telephone conversations with Jim over the last
year. We covered many topics including moving app_rpt forward.

I have taken over managing the project to continue Jim's work and keep
it evolving. The first steps are to make sure everything stays running.
This means among other things the node registration services. Without
that for all intents and purposes, the network goes down. New users
continue to signup and new nodes are getting assigned. This has to continue.

I have put together a group of people that are working to make sure
services stay online. We are working towards having more then 1 person
responsible for each task. Once we are comfortable with the tasks
involved, we can take on the other needs.

As far as the source code is concerned, I have copied the source to
github. This will make changes more visible and allow for submissions to
be vetted and included. There will be no changes in the short term. The
github repository is at <https://github.com/AllStarLink>

I will make sure AllStarLink survives and evolves.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
"Just say no to world domination"