[App_rpt-users] Enable Inband DTMF Tones??

KM6HK KM6HK at KM6HK.NET
Tue Feb 23 17:35:54 UTC 2016

Inband means that DTMF is transmitted within the audio of the phone conversation, i.e. it is audible to the conversation partners.

How is this accomplished on a Allstar controlled repeater? In all cases the DTMF tones are muted by Allstar and not allowed to be heard by the recieving station.  This is a use case issue for us, as we need to control other systems down the links that are listeningm so we nee in band audio on the tones, which, ideally, should be regenerated before transmission.

We have tried various combination of linktolink=yes  / propagate_dtmf=yes, /  and *4, but none of that is working.

in the following chart of duplex states, there does not seem to be a choice for half Duplex w/ telemetry tones, repeated audio, and hangtime..

duplex=
Submitted by hwstar on Sun, 05/17/2009 - 14:13
This configuration option tells app_rpt how to handle audio passed through the radio interface. Please note that it does not perform the same function as the duplex= configuration option in the configuration file usbradio.conf. In rpt.conf, duplex= can be set to one of 5 different modes:

Mode	Description
0	Half duplex with no telemetry tones or hang time. Special Case: Full duplex if linktolink is set to yes. This mode is preferred when interfacing with an external multiport repeater controller.
1	Half duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Does not repeat audio. This mode is preferred when interfacing a simplex node.
2	Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. This mode is preferred when interfacing a repeater.
3	Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time, but no repeated audio.
4	Full Duplex with telemetry tones and hang time. Repeated audio only when the autopatch is down.