[App_rpt-users] proxy registraltion

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sat Jan 23 04:03:39 UTC 2016

Have a quick question...I've built a DIAL node on a Pi and have (with some great help from Scott KB2EAR) successufully brought it up on an LTE hotspot via wifi, and am using his hub as a proxy, successfully registering (and working) through his hub.

I'm registering to his hub, not the allstarlink registry; so this means that, for whatever reason (assuming because I don't touch the registry...but wouldn't the proxy do that?) I don't show up in the active nodes list.

If this is correct, and assuming you can't register to more than one registry (is that redundant?), is there a work around that would let me proxy my connection, but still also show me as active in the allstar database?

Does this make sense (I'm building out a portable repeater, but want to have a full asterisk instance running rather than an RTCM solution, and the Pi, couple GM300s, URI, and mobile duplexer makes for a nice portable node.  Not to mention that if I take the Pi, URI, and hotspot sans radios, I built a speaker amp & Mic interface that plugs into the URI that gives me asterisk connectivity without the radios...in a hotel room or some such...)

Just throwing this out there...TIA.
--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.