[App_rpt-users] Audio not passed when on usbinvert?

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 16:14:42 UTC 2016

I am really confused right now.

I am using a URI with some kenwood TK-941 radios for a repeater. I am using
De-emphasized audio.

Here is what is happening. I am using usbradio.

I set the rxctcssoverride to 1 for testing.

I turn the squelch off in the radio, and put carrier from to DSP. (Yes, I
know, this is the wrong type of audio for DSP). I go to radio tune menu,
set the squelch to zero, and I hear the white noise being repeated
perfectly.

Now, I set the carrier from to USB. When I turn the squelch off on the
radio, the red light enables, and the transmitter transmits. However ...
There is no white noise being repeated, just a plain carrier. What???

I tried this on the computer as well as the raspberry pi. My audio input is
on the left channel. Even when I set the input volume to 999, I still don't
hear anything, just a carrier.

So I know
-Speaker Audio is coming into the computer through the URI
-When DSP is enabled, and the squelch is set to zero both on the computer
and the radio, audio is repeated
-COR is set up because the transmitter will key up when the receiver gets a
signal

So now I need to figure out what is preventing the audio from rebroadcast
when the input is set to usbinvert.

73
Skyler KD0WHB