[App_rpt-users] Audio not passed when on usbinvert?

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Jan 31 17:37:15 UTC 2016

Skyler, I am not familiar with the TK941 radios. However the URI looks
for a signal that pulls to ground for the COR and PL inputs if you are
using hardware squelch. If the URI doesnt see the hardware squelch
opening then it will not pass audio to the transmitter.

This means the COR line from the radio must either pull to ground when
there is no signal (USB) or pulls to ground when the is a signal
(USBinvert).

Some radios will output a voltage change with the squelch but doesn't
pull all the way to ground.

The URI doesnt care about input voltage as it has internal diodes to
block any voltage coming in, so it only cares if the signal goes to
ground or not.

I suggest you connect the cor signal from the kenwood to the base on an
NPN transistor through a 4.7k resistor. Connect the Emitter to ground
and the collector to the URI COR input.

If the COR voltage goes hi on the Kenwood when the squelch opens, then
the collector on the transistor will go to ground.

Set the COR from to USB invert. in usbradio.conf.
comment outany PL tones, and set CTCSSfrom to no.

Restart Asterisk. Then see if its detecting the COR line.

Jon VA3RQ