[App_rpt-users] Whats everyone's thoughts on VMware sphere with dial?

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 04:06:43 UTC 2016

Whats every ones thoughts on doing vmware sphere cluster host on the main
machine that runs the radios.. Then taking dial and making it a vm image
floating between the servers.. Is it possible that the uri's will connect
up to asterisk if i get them ported into the vm?? Whats the possibility of
higher jitter levels??

So far I have been able to get Virtualbox to pass through the URI to a
radio I would assume that it would run full duplex if it had to but I
really want to make things a little more versatile and reliable.

Reason I had asked is because i am doing work on the main frame server
tonight and considering running vmware across all the servers from the
house to the datacenter and repeater site.

Any advice? has anyone done anything similar?

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
Email: KC9ZHV at KC9ZHV.com
http://www.lorentedford.com