[App_rpt-users] Whats everyone's thoughts on VMware sphere with dial?

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Fri Jul 8 10:02:04 UTC 2016

Le 08/07/2016 à 06:06, Loren Tedford a écrit :
> Any advice? has anyone done anything similar?

Hi,

Not the same configuration, but I already encountered problems when
passing USB peripherals that require precise timing (USB spectrum
analyser, logic analyzer, SDR receiver) to VMs. Depending on the driver
and/or the software, this may not work at all. I think you'll have to try.

Moreover, according to other experiences in my job, I would not
recommend using USB or serial-attached devices into VMs.

In my setup, I'm using HyperV in the datacenter. It runs my central
Asterisk "hub". It has no URIs attached, only network connections. The
repeaters, and their URIs, are powered by low-cost Raspberry Pi 2 (which
I found more suitable for remote locations and solar/battery power).