[App_rpt-users] Wireless ISP help

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 04:13:53 UTC 2016

We are getting internet from a microwave link wireless ISP on a
mountiantop. According to Mountain Broadband, ports are not blocked, and
they don't have a firewall.

However, when I plug my computer or router into the jack, I am
automatically assigned a 10.1.50.x address. Why is this happening? I never
requested an IP manually, it assigned me a DHCP IP.

Inbound ports are all blocked to my router behind the DHCP IP address when
I try to login under the public IP.

However... the mountaintop site has a static Public IP that is unique to
itself.

Can someone explain how this works, and what information I need exactly to
get inbound port forwarding to work to my mikrotik router from whatever
Mountain Broadband has behind it ?

73
Skyler