[App_rpt-users] Xippr

Steve Wright info at meshnetworks.co.nz
Mon Jul 11 20:31:23 UTC 2016

On 12/07/16 07:58, Loren Tedford <lorentedford at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is Xippr still in business??

I got the software installed and running in a VM, and have access to the
web admin interfaces on it.  I don't have an audio interface running on it.

Xippr is quite curious.  A huge huge amount of work has gone into it,
and many parts are quite polished.  I must say, the install was a
nightmare, mainly because the docs are a little strewn about the place -
but it's all there.

I want voting, ALSA audio with DSP, and alternate I/O  (not hacked fob I/O)

Why?

1.) 25 watts into a duplexer with a half wave dipole is a shit
repeater.  Even 250 watts into 6dBi is still a small-penis ham radio
station if you ask me.  I don't want to build a repeater like that.

2.) Outboard voting receivers with preamps and directional antennas, and
no duplexer to get in the way suits me fine.

3.) Kilowatt-plus transmitters with no duplexing into big gain suits me
fine.

Steve