[App_rpt-users] app_rpt and Hamtronics Exciter

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Mon Jul 25 17:23:49 UTC 2016

Hi Guys:

Working on the 2nd 220 repeater project.  I have been feeding audio out
of my fob into the 'E2 - AF Input' pin of a newer T302 (220MHz)
exciter.  This exciter is replacing the former T301 exciter.

My issue is that the limiter on the exciter seems to be 'a little
suspect' - I can set it to ~ 4.8k one day; set my TX levels and then the
next day, I find that the limiter seems to have drifted off up to around
6k or even higher!

I have been using the E2 input for audio and E5 (modulator input) for PL
tone.  I am planning on moving the audio input to E5, so essentially
feeding E5 with composite voice and PL.  I did a quick search of the
mailing list to see what others were doing.  I was able to find three
posts (from Bryan Fields, Robert Poff and Sam Nabkey) referring to an
"audio mod".  Is the "mod" just as I describe it above, or something
more than that?

I see reference to a series resistor of 4.7K, so presumably this is
inline with the composite audio / PL output when injecting into the
modulator input?

Cheers,

Ramesh, VA3UV