[App_rpt-users] SIP

Mark Johnston markjohnston73 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 04:00:56 UTC 2016

If you have a sip phone or Application, you can connect to the node with a
phone to command it, and connect to other nodes just like a radio - except
it can use vox or dtmf to key the xmtr depending on how it is configured.

example using vox:
extensions.conf:

[radio-control]

exten=1001,1,Answer

exten=1001,n,Playback,rpt/node

exten=1001,n,Rpt,1001|Pv

If you want to access it from outside your home network, need to have port
5060 forwarded to your allstar box - unless you change that in sip.conf...
then fwd to whatever other port is used, one big downside to opening sip,
is there tend to be a lot of 'people' from other countries who try to
hack/use your sip to place calls etc... so one has to be careful with
opening that service to the world, iax is not as common... it is a bit
safer to have 4569 open for iax - I only use the SIP internally so I don't
have that issue, and use iax for other devices -

Hope that helps...

"Got Root?"

How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
*None. It's a hardware problem.*

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.
WINDOWS: Will Install Needless Data On Whole System
MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers.

A ntennas
P oorly
P laced
L acks
E ngineering

The best way to accelerate a computer running Windows is at 9.81 m/s².

*"I get paid to support Windows, I use Linux to get work done."*