[App_rpt-users] RTCM/VOTER Squelch/Firmware Question

Lee Woldanski ve7fet at tparc.org
Sun Jun 5 19:32:36 UTC 2016

So, an update on the discriminator in the FR5000/FR6000...

Looks like the "Discriminator Out" on the accessory connector isn't true
detector audio.

Some schematic snippets:

http://imgur.com/a/IngTE

DET becomes EXDISC which becomes DISC at the accessory connector.

Detector audio from the IF IC looks like it gets buffered and filtered a
bit before it hits the accessory connector. Hence, there may not be all the
noise we want.

There also is circuitry in there to switch Wide/Narrow, which would be
affected by channel programming.

I'm not going to bother to sweep it to see what the response is, as it is
already installed at site.

I may swap back to stock squelch and enable BEW to see how that plays.

Lee

--
Lee Woldanski, AScT
VE7FET