[App_rpt-users] Fan control?

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Tue Jun 21 11:24:42 UTC 2016

Hi guys,
    I'm running a pair of UHF CDM1550's in full duplex with one of the new
Repeater Builder Rim "lite" RM interfaces:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/products/usb-rim-lite.html

It does not look like I can tap the GPIO's very easily on these boards, nor
can I tell if GPIO 5-8 is available for general use looking at the
schematic:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/products/pdfs/RB_RIM_Max.pdf

What I'd like to do is drive a relay board to switch a fan on if the
receiver is active or there is traffic coming in to the node, being
connected to another station or hub for example. I read over the GPIO and
event management subsystem documentation, and it looks like that's what I
need, but I don't have a parallel port nor can I tap the GPIO's on my
interface easily (or even know if they can be used as per the above).

Looking for ideas here if anyone else has encountered this, would prefer
the logic/relay board approach vs. say a temperature controlled switch on
the heatsink or something.

73
Stephen
K1LNX