[App_rpt-users] RTCM RPT.Conf Setup

Joe Moskalski kc2irv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 01:58:05 UTC 2016

Well I finally got around to playing with the RTCM I purchased and I can't
seem to get it to connect to the host. I am currently playing with it on
the bench inside its own closed network. I can communicate with the RTCM
and the Host with no issues. I compiled the chan_voter shows it is loaded
and running in asterisk with a usage count of 1. I double checked the
settings in my RTCM and voter.conf file and I can't see what I may have
done wrong. I think my issue possibly resides in the rpt.conf file. I have
it set to rxchannel = Voter/my_node_number in rpt.conf which i believe is
correct.
I have found plenty of examples of the voter.conf file but I haven't found
any of the rpt.conf file for use with the the RTCM. I was wondering if
anyone with a working RTCM installation could share their settings so I can
do a stare-and-compare.
One other thing I did to test to see if my RTCM was working was I ran the
command in asterisk CLI: rpt fun my_node_number *81 to see if it would key
up the RTCM and play over the air which it didn't. It showed in the CLI: --
<DAHDI/pseudo-377565170> Playing 'rpt/goodafternoon' (language 'en')
I would assume if things were working correctly it should say
Voter/my_node_number instead of DAHDI/pseudo.
Thanks in advance