[App_rpt-users] URI active low?

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Tue Mar 1 14:27:55 UTC 2016

I "think" the problem you are having has a simple fix.

I don't know the specifics on the DMK URI

but a PTT normally switches to ground when active does not mean that it is high
when inactive. It can "FLOAT". 0v and no ground when inactive.

The COR on the CAT1000 will be looking for a voltage when "INACTIVE" if you have
'active low' switch enabled. And without it, it will time-out.

You need to pull the PTT/COR line high with a 5v voltage and let the PTT pull it
low for active signal.

If you look at the CAT schematics, there is a test post for audio that you can hook
a small amplified speaker to and listen to the events on the cat1000 for better
testing.

...mike/kb8jnm