[App_rpt-users] remote receivers questions

Steve Wright info at meshnetworks.co.nz
Thu Mar 3 23:19:33 UTC 2016

Greetings!

For remote receivers, is there any work being done on using RTL SDR
rtl_fm multiple-instances on one dongle, as multiple app_rpt IP
connected receivers?

I ask, because it seems that a remote (RX only) site can host as many
receivers as I can shoe-horn in the box, and as many as I can add
solar-panels to feed.

It also seems, that I may as well host neighboring areas' remote
receivers, and they host mine - for even larger coverage.

It just seems a stack of ten GM300s in there is the hard way, and it's a
lot of current draw too.

Any other ideas?