[App_rpt-users] remote receivers questions

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Fri Mar 4 03:27:54 UTC 2016

RTL-SDR have no front-end rejection. While I like to use them for many things, They
make terrible choice in repeater work.

If your RPTR TX'r is in the same band, watch it totally de-sense that RTL-SDR.
What good would it be.
Better off with a tyt/boafeng HT etc. And that's not giving those any credit.

You can set-up as many rx's on the server as it has the power to do cpu/memory wise
and you have the network bandwidth to support.
You do need some scheme to vote/select the most valid one (to the core site) if it
is different PL etc.

FYI There are RTCM /voter systems for app_rpt if you want to do it right.

Since there is a left and right definable audio channel, I had always thought you
could double-up on the dongles but never tried it.

...mike/kb8jnm