[App_rpt-users] AllStar Macros

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Fri Mar 25 17:56:29 UTC 2016

I'm the opinion that due to the limitations of the asterisk application (it's not an operating system, it's an application...), if it is more complex than twiddling a couple bits or diddling a built in application, you are probably better off using the operating system (and the cron function) to do. things than to try and get the somewhat simplistic scheduler and macro function to do it.

after all, you can use the macro to call a shell script...that can also be called by a dtmf command...

Just my $.03

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.