[App_rpt-users] SSD failures?

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Fri May 6 20:26:23 UTC 2016

If by SSD you mean compact flash, then, yes, I have had issues with those. They are convenient for being basically IDE, but, they have a limited write cycle and can get trashed up. I've had them also suddenly have all sort of I/O issues, but re-seating them returns them to normal. Regarding modern SSDs, I haven't had a failure, but there are some instances where you can grind their lifespan away with either bad firmware, or potentially a poor choice of application for them. It would be a feat to accomplish that with asterisk and app_rpt I would thing.

Regards,

Adam Pawlowski
KC2YQF