[App_rpt-users] SSD failures?

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:53:45 UTC 2016

I use a solid state drive on my repeater system so far we have only had one
fail and it failed when the temperatures where right around -12 on the cpu
core temps.. We think that possibly a shell script had cause our issue
however we were able to reformat the drive and put it back into service
with no issues now for 2 years with out protection of the elements..

Just my thoughts on solid state drives.. We use them  because of low power
consumption and because their is no moving parts in them to freeze up
during extreme operating temperature conditions..

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Email: lorentedford at gmail.com
http://www.lorentedford.com
http://www.kc9zhv.com