[App_rpt-users] LOCALPLAY vs. PLAYBACK

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Sun May 8 12:24:15 UTC 2016

Is there some way that PLAYBACK can be configured to act differently?

Here is the setup ...

1)  I run an IAX session to my Node

2)  I run an ECHOLINK session to the same Node

3)  I monitor the repeater output

4)  I run the command ... /usr/sbin/asterisk -rvx "rpt localplay $NODE
$WX/talkit"   ... it plays only on the repeater output, which is expected.

5)  I run the command ... /usr/sbin/asterisk -rvx "rpt playback $NODE
$WX/announce"  ... it plays only on the repeater output, which I do not
expect.  I was under the impression that PLAYBACK when out on every
connection to the node.  What am I missing?  I wanted this version to
speak on all links.

...STeve - KF5VH