[App_rpt-users] Node list problem on node 29997

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon May 30 01:45:25 UTC 2016

Jeremy,

The issue is that node 29997 isn't properly registered with
Asterisk---check the registration settings in you iax.conf file or
firewall/network changes.

The nodelist servers return a 403 error when a nodelist download request
is performed from unrecognized IP addresses---the query IP address isn't
allowed if the registration process fails.

73, David KB4FXC

On Sun, 29 May 2016, Bryan D. Boyle wrote:

> http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html
>
> So, check that the url in your update script is formatted properly or
there are no extraneous characters in the wget statement that actually
grabs the file.  403 is the web server's response to an http request that
is forbidden.  IOW, you are asking for something which the web server is
configured to not give you.