[App_rpt-users] Node list problem on node 29997

Jeremy Lincicome w0jrl1 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 04:21:29 UTC 2016

Bryan,
I checked the rc.updatenodelist script and the url looks fine. I also
checked the router firewall settings, and the router is set up correctly.
David,
I looked at iax.conf, and it seams to be set up correctly.
The register statement looks like:
register = 29997:123456 at register.allstarlink.org (not the real password)
Also, I performed the following steps:
1. asterisk -vvvr
2. iax2 show registry
The output that I get is:
Host                  dnsmgr  Username    Perceived Refresh  State
67.215.233.178:4569   Y       29997 <Unregistered>             60  Timeout
I'm not able to browse to allstarlink.org. However, google.com,
duckduckgo.com, and stats.allstarlink.org all work fine.

73,
Jeremy W0JRL

On 05/29/2016 07:45 PM, David McGough wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> The issue is that node 29997 isn't properly registered with
> Asterisk---check the registration settings in you iax.conf file or
> firewall/network changes.
>
> The nodelist servers return a 403 error when a nodelist download request
> is performed from unrecognized IP addresses---the query IP address isn't
> allowed if the registration process fails.
>
> 73, David KB4FXC
>

> On Sun, 29 May 2016, Bryan D. Boyle wrote:
>
>> http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html
>>
>> So, check that the url in your update script is formatted properly or
> there are no extraneous characters in the wget statement that actually
> grabs the file.  403 is the web server's response to an http request that
> is forbidden.  IOW, you are asking for something which the web server is
> configured to not give you.
>> Entitely different than the registration process that puts your node in the list.
>>
>> --
>> Bryan
>> Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.
>>

>>> On May 29, 2016, at 17:12, Jeremy Lincicome <w0jrl1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi list,
>>> I'm wondering if there is an issue with node 29997 server side. The node will not download the node list.
>>> I thought that I may have caused the issue by changing firewall settings on the router. However, after factory resetting the router, the list will still not download.
>>> Watching the node on a traffic analyzer, it looks like the node is receiving 403 errors from the servers.
>>> When I look at stats.allstarlink.org, the node shows as being online.
>>> None of the other nodes that I manage are having this issue.
>>> Any assistance with resolving this issue is appreciated.
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> W0JRL