[App_rpt-users] RPT.Conf Nodes question

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Oct 12 16:25:04 UTC 2016

if you have multiple nodes behind a firewall and not doing a 'hairpin NAT' (Ubiquity routers have it, and IIRC, so does Dd-wrt), then, yes, you need to list your nodes, especially if they are on separate boxes.  reason being, the head end resolves back to your external address, which is hidden by the NAT (that you're using the nonroutable class C 192.168.x.x says you are). If they are all on one box, with multiple nodes, it's not a big deal to do it.

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.