[App_rpt-users] Local area repeater announcements

DuaneVT . selkie2 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 14:03:11 UTC 2016

I am testing my node on the bench. Amplified speakers are connected to the
USB FOB line out for the repeater transmitter.
Node is set for #2 duplex.
If I connect to the node via Web Transceiver or IAX, I hear the CWID on
both the repeater channel and IAX/WT. I will be either recording voice
announcements or loading text for text-speech for local club and area
announcements over the repeater.
Is it normal for these audio streams to be heard over both the local
repeater AND connected IAX/WT connections? Is this as "local" as it gets
(localplay)? I do not want my local announcements going out state-wide when
my node becomes linked into the state Allstar network.
This is my first node and I do not yet have the experience to know Allstar
"normal".

73,
Duane KA1LM  #42996