[App_rpt-users] Private nodes not connecting

N6GKJ Land n6gkj1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:23:51 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I have 2 RPI 3 servers running the latest N4IRS release. I have a private
node on each server.

RPI3 #1 is 10.0.0.200 NODE 1000:4568
RPI3 #2 is 10.0.0.201 NODE 1001:4569

Neither node can connect to the other. I am using the CLI inside the
asterisk program to manually connect using
rpt fun 1000 *31001 from server 1

or

rpt fun 1001 *31000 from server 2

Listed here is how the scripts are defined.

extensions.conf
RPI3 #1
[globals]
HOMENPA = 209 ; change this to your Area Code
NODE = 1000   ; change this to your node number

[default]

exten => i,1,Hangup

RPI3 #2
[globals]
HOMENPA = 209 ; change this to your Area Code
NODE = 1001   ; change this to your node number

[default]

exten => i,1,Hangup

[radio-secure]
exten => ${NODE},1,rpt,${NODE}

[radio-secure]
exten => ${NODE},1,rpt,${NODE}

rpt.conf

RPI3 #1
rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo

[nodes]
; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a definition
; for your local nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes here.

1000 = radio at 127.0.0.1
<https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/compose?to=radio@127.0.0.1>:4568/1000,NONE
; This must be changed to your node number
1001 = radio at 10.0.0.201
<https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/compose?to=radio@10.0.0.201>:4569/1001,NONE
; and iax port number if not the default

RPI3 #2

rxchannel = dahdi/pseudo

[nodes]
; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a definition
; for your local nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes here.

1000 = radio at 10.0.0.201
<https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/compose?to=radio@10.0.0.201>:4568/1000,NONE
; This must be changed to your node number
1001 = radio at 127.0.0.1
<https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/compose?to=radio@127.0.0.1>:4569/1001,NONE
; and iax port number if not the default

I am not having any results with this. I did not uncomment node register
line in iax.conf for either server
and also in rpt,conf I did not uncomment the status report lines

I just simply want these two servers to talk to each other on the same lan

The nodes in both of these servers are HUBS.
Anyone have any ideas I have over looked?

Ron Simpson,
N6GKJ Amateur Radio

Have you ever noticed that when you are looking for something,
it is always found in the last place you look?
Ron Simpson,
N6GKJ....
Amateur Radio