[App_rpt-users] Help requested

Doc - KØHTF k0htf at netins.net
Thu Sep 8 16:44:40 UTC 2016

Hi.

I am not one to cry “uncle” but even with help from two professional
computer men we have not been able to get AllStar to work here.

I can connect to the system and that is it. My radio link is up and fully
functional.  438.1 MHz & 100 Hz. Tone.

Should I be seeing a screen with a “console” like EchoLink or IRLP? I am new
to Linux also.

I have a Raspberry Pi-3 and a URIx interface.

What would be involved in getting someone to write a micro-SD chip for me to
just plug and play? Obviously the chip will be supplied. The Wi-Fi would be
nice but not necessary. I think if I could once get on the learning curve
may not be quite as steep.

I have been a ham since 1957 and have an extra license and many years as a
broadcast engineer (had First ‘Phone with radar endorsement) – but – by
jingo – this has me bewildered and buffaloed!

==> NO offense intended.

I sent this earlier but from the wrong e-mail address.

73 and travel safe and thank you.!

Tom – “Doc”