[App_rpt-users] Assistance with TM-d710 and URI-x with DIAL

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Wed Sep 7 18:08:08 UTC 2016

First of all the default configs are set for full duplex. (Even if the
duplex setting is not stated in RPT.conf) Since you are connecting to a
half duplex radio, you will need to set duplex =1 or 0 in rpt.conf. And
set the duplex setting in simpleUSB or USBradio to half duplex (duplex=0).

If the node is in full duplex, the moment the URI sees a signal it will
key the radio.

Also, you need to know what the logic is for the Sq on the PS 2 port on
the Kenwood.

Does the line go HI on RX or go low?

Once you have determined the cor logic, you need to know if it pulls to
ground when it goes low.

The COR and PL decode inputs on the URI need to see a signal that
transitions to ground. It doesn't matter if its active hi or low. The
URI will never see an input signal if it it simply goes hi but doesn't
go to ground.

If the kenwood signal doesn't go to ground then you may need to drive an
NPN transistor and connect the collector to the URI so it sees a
transition to ground.

The URI doesnt care about input voltage, it only cares if the input was
grounded or not. The COR and PL inputs are pulled up internally and
diode isolated.

also check to see if the SQ line goes active during transmit on the
Kenwood.

I had this problen on an Icom ic 208 when connected to the packet port.
the SQ line was active on receive and transmit.

I had to use DSP and the discriminator connection on the PS 2 port to
get around that.

Hope this helps