[App_rpt-users] Courtesy tone delay?

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 08:58:45 UTC 2016

On 09/10/2016 12:47 AM, Richard Bateman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm very very new at this =] I just got a RPi3 working with the default image and built an interface from my URI to my TKR-750 -- and everything seems to be working.  I am using usbradio and things work fine w/ either cor and ctcss coming from usb or dsp.
>
> the one issue I'm struggling with is that it takes nearly 4 seconds after I release my PTT button before I get the courtesy tone... I was kinda hoping for more like 500ms.  Any ideas how I can fix this? Is it normal, something that can be tuned, a misconfiguration, or.... ?

Seems your questions are going unanswered, Richard, and I just saw them.

in order to shorten the time between unkey and courtesy tone execution,
look in rpt.conf.  I don't remember, exactly, which line, but you can
shorten that delay time exponentially by reducing the length of time.

Do a google search for "rpt.conf example" or "rpt.conf examples"
One place you might have success at is ohnosec.org
Opinions vary on that site as to the helpfulness vs. added confusion of
it ;-)
Your mileage may vary.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR