[App_rpt-users] Latest WX Weather report for DIAL

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Mon Sep 12 13:52:34 UTC 2016

I agree - I use the Internet as a  convenience for weather-on-demand.
I still have a conventional SAME-encoded "all hazards" radio connected to a
node monitor-only node, running on VOX.
If there is some really urgent event, it comes on the radio immediately.

Keying up the weather radio forces you to listen to a whole cycle of program
before you hear the forecast.  The Internet version is quicker.

There is a use for both approaches.
73
Ken