[App_rpt-users] Stupid asterisk tricks

Stacy kg7qin at arrl.net
Thu Sep 15 03:55:04 UTC 2016

All,
For those of you who may want to play with the code I put up at
https://github.com/KG7QIN/AllStarLink-Asterisk-1.8 but don't have a
radio or anything else they want to /can spare at the moment, there is
something else you can do:

Setup your console to dial.  Once you do this, you can do something like
"console dial 42088" and have the audio of your node play on your
computer speakers.  You could probably even use it to talk, but I don't
really recommend it unless you know what you are doing.

To set this up, you will need to:
1. Add comment our the noload => chan_alsa.so or noload => chan_oss.so
line in your modules conf.
2. Edit your oss.conf or alsa.conf file (depending on which you use, I
recommend alsa) to use your console.

I use alsa.conf, so here is what the my test node's alsa.conf looks like:

[general]
autoanswer=no
context=radio-control-console
;this needs to correspond to your nodes's number
extension=42088
;aplay -l can list your alsa devices
input_device=plughw:0,1
output_device=plughw:0,0
;default mute state
mute=true

For your extensions.conf, add this to the end of it so that
radio-control-console context has somewhere to go (change the 42088 to
match the node number you put in the extensions section in the file above.

[radio-control-console]
exten => 42088,1,Ringing
exten => 42088,n,Wait(3)
exten => 42088,n,Answer
exten => 42088,n,Set(CALLERID(name)="KG7XXX")
exten => 42088,n,Playback(rpt/connected)
exten => 42088,n,Playback(rpt/node)
exten => 42088,n,Saydigits(${EXTEN})
exten => 42088,n,Rpt(${EXTEN},P,${CALLERID(name)})

You can then startup asterisk, and on the console type "console dial
<node>" and watch/listen as your system dials in using phone mode.
"console dial <digits>" to dial. "console hangup" to hangup.

(Note I have only done this with the 1.8 port I've put up in the github
repository).

-Stacy
KG7QIN