[App_rpt-users] app_rpt updates, upgrades etc.

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Thu Sep 15 08:06:04 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your message, and for your overall work for the community.
I fully agree with all what you said. But, if  I have to retain the most
important thing for me, that would be  :

Le 14/09/2016 à 17:53, Steve Zingman a écrit :
> There is a LOT of code there and if more people understood it, the
> more people could maintain and enhance it. First that means comments!

I'm not a C programmer. I never enjoyed it, and probably will never
enjoy it ;-) But I'm an experienced programmer in other languages. With
a fully documented C source code, I can find a specific function, and
improve / add some little features. But with the current code, that's
merely impossible for me.

I've been using app-rpt for a few months only, with just two repeters
deployed for now. So, I'm still a newbie ;-) But I really appreciate it.
I think Linux and Open Source are the two essential keys for the future
of ham radio digital communications. Asterisk is the perfect tool for
aggregating various VoIP flows, from various manufacturers/protocols.
We'll use Asterisk / app_rpt as the central element of our
multi-protocol VoIP network in Corsica.

And, of course, I'll be happy to contribute in the future.

73 de TK1BI