[App_rpt-users] chan_dstar : AMBE vocoder compatibility ?

Toussaint OTTAVI t.ottavi at bc-109.com
Mon Sep 26 09:49:11 UTC 2016

Le 26/09/2016 à 10:16, Toussaint OTTAVI a écrit :
> For those who are using chan_dstar, is there a "compatibility list"
> for the AMBE vocoder board ?

After reading the source, the chan_dstar module does not access AMBE
server directly. It calls dextra_cli, which, in turn, seems to call the
AMBE server via IP on default port 20002.

So, my question becomes :
   Is there any restriction about what AMBE server and/or AMBE hardware
can be used ?
     - Do I really need to use the original DV-Dongle written in the
requirements (the blue one, which is rather old, and merely impossible
to find here) ?
     - Or can I use any other AMBE server ? Such as this (open-source) one :
https://github.com/dl5di/OpenDV/tree/master/DummyRepeater/DV3000

Any clues are welcome...

73 de TK1BI