[App_rpt-users] Setting up a permanent radio-IP-radio setup

Doug Kingston dpk at randomnotes.org
Sun Apr 30 20:57:29 UTC 2017

Bob,

By back-to-back, I mean radio in location 1 hooked to allstar node
(private) to IP to allstar node (also private) in location 2 to radio.  The
idea is to connect a shadowed area to
Both locations have internet connectivity - they just don't have radio
connectivity.
We want the nodes to link up automatically on startup and to attempt to
reconnect if disconnected.

You mentioned using the [nodes] but also had a reference to content in the
iax.conf file.  Do you have an example we could use as a reference?
I can see the sample for connecting periodically from cron in
/etc/asterisk/local, but what if I want a permanent, reconnecting link?

-Doug-