[App_rpt-users] Setting up a permanent radio-IP-radio setup

Doug Kingston dpk at randomnotes.org
Sun Apr 30 21:39:34 UTC 2017

Maybe answering my own question...

Do these commands from
https://allstarlink.org/portal/dtmf_functionlist.php?node=2001 let me set
up the permanent link as I described?

*951  =>   Permanent Link Disconnect
*952  =>   Permanent Link Connect (Monitor Only)
*953  =>   Permanent Link Connect

"Permanent" Links are links that are intended to be up all the time. The
connection will be maintained constantly, unless explicitly disconnected
with the Permanent Link Disconnect function (*953). A Permanent Link can
not be disconnected with the standard Link Disconnect (*1) function.

Assuming this is the case, what other changes do I need for authentication,
etc.

My guess is:
1) add entry to [nodes] section at bottom of rpt.conf
2) put <something> in iax.conf on the destination node (not the one issuing
the commands above) to permit the calling node to access.