[App_rpt-users] Output CTCSS Follow Input?

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Fri Aug 4 15:36:58 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Brett Friermood
<brett.friermood at gmail.com> wrote:

> I seem to recall discussion of a setting that transmits CTCSS only when local repeater input or linked audio is being transmitted, and does not for ID, courtesy tone, etc. I've looked through the archives but have not found anything. I may just be confusing it with features of some other controllers.
>
> The reason I ask is a recent discussion on the other list ended with the answer of being unable to do it since there is not any code in all of asterisk/app_rpt to handle it.

Brett,

I found a hint that this may have been more than a feature request at
one point. Check this out:
https://github.com/N4IRS/AllStar/blob/c1390b4fe726c544c9f3e8111d6d6acc31f2661c/configs/rpt.conf#L375-L376
958 = cop.58                            ; Tx CTCSS On Input only Enable
959 = cop,59                            ; Tx CTCSS On Input only Disable

cop.58 [sic] and cop,59. Do these actually trigger relevant code or is
it a dead-end?

Tom KD7LXL