[App_rpt-users] ctcss Encode Issues

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Fri Aug 11 15:36:05 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Michael "Lee" Lockwood
<michael at lockwood.us.com> wrote:

> Just to circle back on this topic...
>
> I tried itxctcss = as both 1 and 0 and no difference on this.
>
> If I'm understanding correctly, at this point app_rpt does only transmit the "default" ctcss for the repeater tail and courtesy tone, by design.  It does not transmit the other txctcss tones in the usbradio.conf file.  I haven't misconfigured anything?

If I were designing it, I would have done it this way, so I think that
yes it is acting as designed.

However, since the itxctcss command exists, it should follow the
itxctcss command. It sounds like that piece was never implemented.
This is sort of halfway between a feature request and a bug report,
but I think it should be programmed so that when itxctcss == 1 it
operates as it does now, and when itxctcss == 0 it should operate as
you request, transmitting the input tone through the end of the
transmission.

Tom KD7LXL