[App_rpt-users] CTCSS/PL - Local Repeat vs. Simulcast

Michael "Lee" Lockwood michael at lockwood.us.com
Wed Aug 16 14:20:55 UTC 2017

Is it possible to use varying CTCSS tones for a "local repeat" only versus
"simulcast"?

I will be using RTCM (http://www.micro-node.com/thin-m1.shtml) units on
several repeaters.  They'll be linked via app_rpt, where I intend to use
voting and simulcasting.  However, I'd like to be able to have certain
CTCSS tones programmed so that they do not trigger the simulcast transmit,
they only key up the local repeater that received the incoming radio
traffic.  Other CTCSS tone(s) would trigger the wide-area simulcast.

Is this currently doable using app_rpt?

--

*Michael "Lee" Lockwood*
michael at lockwood.us.com